Tag: 千花网

PG Bison opens R1.3bn board factory

first_img21 April 2008South African timber products manufacturer and distributor PG Bison has officially opened its R1.3-billion board plant outside Ugie in the northeastern pine forest plantations of the Eastern Cape province.Work on the facility started after PG Bison’s parent company, JSE-listed Steinhoff, purchased a 67% stake in North East Cape Forests from Mondi, with production starting in December and being ramped up steadily since then.In a December statement released after the first board was pressed at the plant, PG Bison added that the board plant, which covered some 36 hectares of a 64-hectare site, was designed to accommodate possible future timber beneficiation processes.PG Bison said that the 1 000m³ per day particle board plant was a pivotal development in the forestry cluster, intending to extract maximum value from the raw material by utilising the entire tree in an integrated operation.Further value will be added to the raw board through a 35 000m² melamine faced board press which was successfully commissioned in October last year.“When the Ugie board plant reaches full production, we will almost double our capacity, creating exciting new opportunities to establish PG Bison as the preeminent particle board producer in South Africa,” said PG Bison CEO Chris van Niekerk.Developing local economy, skillsPG Bison said that it had gathered a team of production specialists from its other plants around the country and had spent several months training locally recruited employees.“Many of the new production staff spent a considerable amount of time receiving on the job training at facilities elsewhere in the country,” the company said. “Key personnel were sent abroad to learn the specifics of operating the continuous press – the largest and most modern press of its kind in Africa.”Preparations in the surrounding North Eastern Cape Forests to supply the board plant with 1 300 tonnes of timber per day were also on track with mechanised harvesting operations and road networks having been established, while the Forest Stewardship Council certified timber for the plant will come from PG Bison’s own 33 000-hectare plantations.“Some 78% of the total project costs is being spent locally, with the balance going to key components manufactured abroad,” PG Bison pointed outThe forestry cluster development is a significant economic injection for the north Eastern Cape, creating an estimated 2 700 direct jobs with an initial annual salary bill of R90-million.“The development offers numerous opportunities for local entrepreneurs to provide supporting services. In addition, the number of secondary jobs created by this initiative is likely to be significant,” PG Bison said.SAinfo reporter Would you like to use this article in your publicationor on your website?See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more

Continue reading "PG Bison opens R1.3bn board factory"

Mamata’s time is over: BJP working chief

first_imgBharatiya Janata Party (BJP) working president J.P. Nadda on Friday targeted West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her alleged opposition to abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir and said “the time of her government is over.”“Is her vote bank bigger than national interest for Mamata Banerjee?” asked Mr. Nadda.Mr. Nadda asked his party workers to go and ask every person whether the abrogation of Article 370 was necessary or not.“I want to know from Mamata what sort of politics is this,” he said. And where are they trying to take the country? If the country is there, and it remains strong people will in normal course of things come to power or go out of power,” Mr. Nadda said.He also criticised Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, saying that Mr. Gandhi’s statements “were used by Pakistan to oppose India in the United Nations.”Ms. Banerjee had said the process of revocation of Article 370 in Kashmir was done using “undemocratic means” and “under the shadow of the gun.”She, however, had not said anything to indicate that she was opposed to its abrogation.last_img read more

Continue reading "Mamata’s time is over: BJP working chief"

PVL goes to Tuguegarao, Bacolod, Iloilo

first_imgDon’t miss out on the latest news and information. Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd PLAY LIST 02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Malaysia bans travel to North Korea, football match postponed Read Next View comments LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight LATEST STORIES “We just want to go straight to our fans in the provinces and show our appreciation to them for supporting the PVL through the years,” said Sports Vision president Ricky Palou.The PVL will also make stops in Bacolod City and Iloilo on Oct. 17 and Oct. 18, respectively. No schedule of games for that leg has been released. FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutBatangas is also being eyed as a venue for future matches. Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients  The Premier Volleyball League is scheduled to play exhibition games in three cities outside of the capital in October in an attempt to grow the brand outside of Metro Manila.Tuguegarao will be the first out-of-town host on Oct. 7 when San Sebastian takes on BanKo-Perlas at People’s Gym at 3:30 pm with the game between three-time champion Pocari Sweat and Creamline happening at 5:30 pm.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong Citylast_img read more

Continue reading "PVL goes to Tuguegarao, Bacolod, Iloilo"

4 days agoMarseille midfielder Maxime López: How I blew Barcelona move…

first_imgMarseille midfielder Maxime López: How I blew Barcelona move…by Paul Vegas4 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveOlympique Marseille midfielder Maxime López has revealed an approach from Barcelona.Lopez admits Barca were in contact two years ago.”In the summer of 2017, the sports director of Barça ( Robert Fernández) spoke with my agent, who said there was interest in the next season if I had a good campaign,” he recalled.”Everyone knows that I love Barça, I have imagined too many things.”In my head I thought: that’s it, I’m there. And that’s when I lost six months, I was lost, I no longer recognized myself.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading "4 days agoMarseille midfielder Maxime López: How I blew Barcelona move…"

3 days agoWolves youngster Owen Helsketh proud penning pro terms

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Wolves youngster Owen Helsketh proud penning pro termsby Paul Vegas3 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves youngster Owen Helsketh has signed his first professional contract.The promising 17-year-old, who was previously at Manchester City, has agreed on terms until 2022.”It’s a very good feeling,” the Welsh under-17 international said. “I’ve been waiting quite a long time for this moment, so I’m really happy to finally sign.”I came to the club at the start of this season, but I’ve already learnt a lot since being here. It’s obviously been tough moving away from home, but it’s football and you’ve got to make sacrifices to get to the top.”It’s a big opportunity and I just have to get back fit, work hard and try to be the best I can be. Once I get back fit, hopefully I can play in some games, get back to form and then start to push up the ages and try to get into the first-team.” last_img read more

Continue reading "3 days agoWolves youngster Owen Helsketh proud penning pro terms"

Video: Oklahoma’s Hatari Byrd Flipped Off Tennessee Fans While Leaving The Field After Win

first_imgAn Oklahoma cheerleader running with an OU flag in his hand.NORMAN, OK – NOVEMBER 16: A member of the Oklahoma Sooners spirit squad waves a flag after a touchdown against the Iowa State Cyclones November 16, 2013 at Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman, Oklahoma. Oklahoma defeated Iowa State 48-10. (Photo by Brett Deering/Getty Images)No. 19 Oklahoma finished off an incredible 31-24 comeback victory at No. 23 Tennessee earlier tonight. The Sooners rallied from a 17-point deficit to win in double overtime.Things got a bit ugly after the game though, when OU safety Hatari Byrd gave some Tennessee fans the middle finger while exiting the field.You can see it at the end of this video posted by SBNation’s Steven Godfrey, who was on the field at the time. It’s ugly pic.twitter.com/yxVK5SoQmK— Steven Godfrey (@38Godfrey) September 13, 2015 Sooners linebacker Eric Striker also was seen taunting some UT fans.Eric Striker to Tennessee fans: “Tell your recruits to come to OU”— Jason Kersey (@jasonkersey) September 13, 2015Wonder if Byrd, at least, will face some disciplinary action.last_img read more

Continue reading "Video: Oklahoma’s Hatari Byrd Flipped Off Tennessee Fans While Leaving The Field After Win"

The Canadian media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV

first_imgAdvertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Most people who own a media empire talk loud and long, and make a big fuss of themselves, but not Michael Donovan.He is soft-spoken, thoughtful, and analytical. But he is very successful.Michael, a veteran of the film and TV industry, is the founder and boss of DHX Media. Login/Register With: Outside of the big Hollywood studies, the Canadian company is the world’s next largest owner and distributor of children’s TV programmes.Titles in DHX’s vast portfolio include Teletubbies, In the Night Garden, Bob the Builder, and Inspector Gadget. In total, it has a library of more than 11,800 – and growing – episodes across all its shows. And its revenues last year totalled $260m (£212m).I interviewed Michael – who, prior to forming DHX, produced movies including the Oscar-winning Michael Moore documentary Bowling for Columbine – back in the summer in Monaco.The 63-year-old was there for the World Entrepreneur of the Year awards ceremony, run by accountancy group Ernst & Young, after winning the Canadian title.‘Professional lying’Born and raised in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, Michael trained as a lawyer, and worked as one for 10 years after leaving university. Not a happy experience.Explaining why he swapped the legal profession for the movie business, he says: “I formed the opinion that I was unemployable, therefore I had to work for myself.”He continues: “I decided that a much better place than the law for me was the professional telling of lies. That’s what filmmaking is.” Advertisement Twitter Advertisementlast_img read more

Continue reading "The Canadian media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV"

Packers Part Ways With Defensive Leader Charles Woodson

Charles Woodson, the Green Bay Packers’ veteran defensive stalwart, was released by the team Friday, his agent, Carl Poston, told NFL.com.“It’s part of the business,” Poston said. “I just talked to him. He sounds like he has a lot of football left. He’d like to play for a contender, win another Super Bowl.”Woodson was set to make $9 million in 2013 and would’ve counted for $10 million against the Packers’ salary cap.He signed a five-year, $55-million deal before the 2010 season. He missed nine games last season because of a broken right collarbone, but played in two playoff games.“We had a good run,” Woodson told ESPN 540 in Wisconsin via text message.Woodson was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2009 and the Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1998. He spent the first eight years of his career with the Oakland Raiders, who drafted him out of Michigan with the No. 4 overall pick.He’s the only player in NFL history with touchdowns off interceptions in six straight seasons, a feat he pulled off from 2006-11, and leads the league with nine touchdowns off interceptions since 2006.Woodson, 36, was productive for the Packers, but they have some tough decisions to make this offseason to manage the salary cap. Despite his age and recent injury, Woodson likely will be an in-demand free agent. He was injured last October, but bounced back in time to defend two passes in the playoffs.“Charles has been a stud in this league for 15 years, so whenever he’s on the field with us, he’s always a huge threat,” Packer linebacker A.J. Hawk said in January. “Not only is he a threat to make huge plays throughout the game, but quarterbacks, I think they know where he’s at every single play. He seems to know what receivers are running before they do. And I think he has an intimidation factor as well.” read more

Continue reading "Packers Part Ways With Defensive Leader Charles Woodson"

Redknapp believes Defoe signing will help Rangers challenge Celtic

first_imgHarry Redknapp believes the signing of Jermain Defoe by Rangers will help the club challenge Celtic for the Scottish Premiership title.The Bournemouth striker will have a medical on Saturday before finalizing an 18-month loan move to the Gers.The former England international is expected to join up with the Steven Gerrard’s men for the start of their winter training camp in Spain on Monday.Redknapp coached Defoe at a number of clubs including West Ham, Portsmouth and Tottenham and feels optimism among the Ibrox fans about the addition of the 36-year-old is well justified.With Steven Davis expected to join from Southampton, Redknapp believes the Light Blues can challenge Celtic for the league title this season following their recent Old Firm victory.Rangers is still behind Celtic: John Hartson Manuel R. Medina – September 3, 2019 According to the former Celtic player, there’s still a massive gap between his ex-club and Rangers in the Scottish Premier League.“He’s a fantastic player,” said Redknapp, according to Daily Mail.“And still very fit. I’m sure he’ll score plenty of goals at Rangers.”“He’s a great finisher, he’s got fantastic movement. If they’ve got people that can slide passes into him then he’ll score goals all day.”“He’ll be a real big signing for Rangers and I’m sure Stevie (Gerrard) will be delighted to have him.”“If he gets Steven Davis as well that would be two amazing signings, I can see it making a big difference to their team. They could push Celtic all the way with those two in the team.”last_img read more

Continue reading "Redknapp believes Defoe signing will help Rangers challenge Celtic"

Deutsche Telekom is moving ahead with its plan to

first_imgDeutsche Telekom is moving ahead with its plan to launch multiscreen services, initially in Germany, according to Gerry O’Sullivan, senior vice-president, global entertainment and television at the German telco, speaking at the OTTtv World Summit in London this morning.Multiscreen will extend the Entertain offering initially, but O’Sullivan said the telco would also look to address the question of whether Deutsche Telekom could also become an OTT player in its own right moving forward.The company announced in August that it will offer its Entertain IPTV customers the option of watching a range of TV channels on PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Telekom said the Entertain To Go service would give access to 40 channels on connected devices via 3G or WLAN for €5 per month. Launch channels will include Sat.1, ProSieben, Kabel eins, along with public broadcasters ARD, ZDF and 3sat. A range of content from Entertain’s on-demand catalogue will also be made available on multiple devices.Service providers recognise that they must serve multiple screens but customers expect multiscreen delivery for free, raising a number of challenges, said O’Sullivan. He said that Deutsche Telekom would look to offer services free “for sampling” and then look for ways to make these services pay, rather than put up a paywall from the start. 
O’Sullivan declined to comment on whether Deutsche Telekom would continue to focus on the Microsoft Mediaroom platform for its Entertain service. He said that the company had a large number of customers that were “very satisfied” with this product. However, he said that if Telekom could ultimately deliver services from the cloud without the need for a set-top box, that would be ideal.Deutsche Telekom has adopted the strategy of embracing OTT through its own service as well as via partnerships, O’Sullivan told attendees at the summit. 
O’Sullivan said that Deutsche Telekom had embraced OTT on its own via its Videoload service, an online video on demand service whose brand has been made available across OTT and its own Entertain IPTV service. He said the operator has also sought new ways of offering music, including a high-quality download service, Musicload, in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It has also teamed up with Spotify and Deezer to offer streaming music. With Spotify, Deutsch Telekom has created a bundle, delivering music without any impact on consumers’ data allowance on mobile devices.O’Sullivan said that, where it made sense, the telco would look to partners to get services up and running quickly rather than build its own service from scratch. 
Deutsche Telekom has also launched an app store on its Entertain IPTV platform, enabling OTT providers to come on to the platform and deliver their services to Telekom’s IPTV subscribers.last_img read more

Continue reading "Deutsche Telekom is moving ahead with its plan to"